There are many ways to be involved if you have a love for Big Spirit Lake and the interest in being a part of our efforts.
- Board Membership: The board is composed of individuals with a passion for Big Spirit Lake. If this is your passion, consider joining us by contacting any of our Board members.
- CLAMP Testing: Volunteers are trained in scientific sample collection methods and the use of various pieces of monitoring equipment. They also enjoy time on the water with like-minded individuals. The monitoring season begins in the summer and ends each September.
- Pancake Breakfast: The Pancake Breakfast occurs on the morning of July 3rd and SLPA always needs volunteers to help with serving and other activities.
- Brew and Brainstorm: When the summer comes to an end, we conduct Brew and Brainstorm sessions monthly from November through March. Have a topic to bring to us, an idea for the next year? Come to our Brew and Brainstorm sessions! Dates, times and locations vary so email us or check the Facebook page for the next meeting.
- Subcommittees: Within the Featured Projects, subcommittees are often formed to dig into a process or issue. If you have interest in a topic, this could be the place for you!