The SLPA is an all-volunteer organization, and all donations are earmarked for the support of the SLPA activities. Donations can also be made to a project as a memorial to an individual or group. Should an individual or a group have a specific desire to make a special donation, please contact the SLPA President. Examples of items that donations can help us fund:
- The July 3 fireworks display - become a "Century Club" ($100 or more) Member today if you aren't already.
- Dock acquisition, installation, removal, maintenance and repair such as the Ainsworth-Orleans dock, the proposed new dock at Templar Park Recreation area or the "next" project waiting in the wings
- Special Projects we are conducting such as shore-line repair, shore-line cleanup or even potential future property acquisition
- Lake access support, including for ice-fishing season, clearing of view spaces, seating or benches, shelters, restroom maintenance
- 300 ft. buoy removal, purchase and repair
- Support of our Purple Martin colony at Templar Park Recreation Area
- Implementation of elements of the Templar Park Recreation Area Vision Document
- Projects like "Spirit Lake North", a collaborative effort with groups like Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation, other Lake Associations, Dickinson County Water Quality Commission, Iowa Great Lakes Chamber of Commerce, or groups like Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited.
Donations can be mailed to us at:
Spirit Lake Protective Association
P.O. Box 51
Spirit Lake, Iowa, 51360